I have to be honest, this year I wasn't as committed to the NFL and gameday Sundays. I blame in part my crazy life between friends, family and work - all good problems to have - and the fact this winter has been so nice. I've found it hard to stay inside when I feel so privileged to have such amazing weather in Maine. I still stayed committed to Tom (Brady) and the Patriots (obviously), however, I didn't watch too many other games, including my husband's beloved Giants.
For today, I have a delicious yet somewhat healthy menu prepared. For starters eggplant is currently being dried out for some yummy eggplant parmesan bites. Here's what you need to do:
1. Dry out eggplant by sprinkling salt on somewhat thinly sliced cubes of eggplant (think of how thick you'd want your bites to make and adjust as needed)
2. Layer paper towels between the layers created in step 1
3. Mix 2 eggs, 1 cup breadcrumbs, and seasoning in a bowl
4. Heat skillet with tablespoon of oil
5. Dip cubed eggplant into step #3 mixture
6. Place cubed covered eggplant into skillet, drop heat of skillet
7. Cook until golden brown which should be 3 - 4 minutes
8. Let cool then enjoy and devour!
Next up, loaded sweet potatoes! I found an amazing recipe online, so get Google-ing.